The Top 5 Health Benefits of Basketball
What Can Basketball Do For Your Health?
If you’ve been playing basketball lately, we’ve got some groundbreaking news to share with you: It’s a great source of exercise and super healthy for your body!
Okay, maybe the word ‘groundbreaking’ isn’t entirely accurate, but Health Fitness Revolution published a list of some of the specific benefits you might experience while playing and we couldn’t help but share.
Of course, you have the standard cardiovascular and calorie burning benefits that are present in every sport. Basketball can improve muscular strength too. But it also:
- Strengthens Bones: Jumping during play increases the load on your body, encouraging bone tissue growth.
- Better Spatial Perception: Free-throws and passing to other players, hones the ability to accurately judge distances.
- Mental Development: Research suggests that fast-paced sports like basketball require players to maintain a heightened sense of detail-oriented situational awareness at all times on the court. This mental exercise enhances cognitive abilities as a result.
- Boosts Your Immune System: When you play basketball or any other sport, it can help you reduce stress and acquire more stamina to focus on other areas of your life. When you play with others out on a court, it improves your social skills which helps alleviate depression. When stress is lowered and you feel more supported through team sports, you can help boost your immune system.
- Improves Self-Discipline: As with other team sports, there are rules a player follows to play the game as it was intended to be played. When you break the rules of any given game, you can experience penalties. Therefore, the act of cooperating with a team and working together helps improve self-discipline and keeps you focused and aware.
Start Bettering Your Health Today
With all these perks from playing, who wouldn’t want to get out on their basketball court and play? Contact us today for a free quote on your very own All-Pro Hoop system. We’ll gladly answer any questions you have to bring you the court of your dreams into reality!